Since closing the beloved Ravenswood staple Angel Food Bakery in 2014, Chef Stephanie Samuels has been spending the last year out in the rural Community of Mount Carroll, IL. currently living the life of gardening, preserving, cooking,teaching and participating in farmers markets. In her post bakery life, Stephanie is working on developing programs to honor the importance of food and the memories associated with it.
We are honored to have Stephanie get back to her roots in the Sidecar kitchen for this special Valentine’s Day pop-up brunch. And, I am sure all of you who remember the sweet smells hovering around the corner of Montrose and Paulina that seduced you through the front door of Angel Food Bakery, will be delighted to join us in welcoming Stephanie home.
- Johnson Creek Farms Brisket & Grits
- Egg in a hole, smashed potatoes & bacon
- Quinoa Squash & Kale Hash (V,GF)
- Potato Pancake with Schafer Fisheries smoked fish, homemade Laban, and Brussels sprout, apple & fennel slaw (GF)
- Grilled Cheese, Lena IL. Creamery Muenster Cheese, caramelized onions & beer mustard
- Add an egg
- Smashed Potatoes
- Brussels Apple Fennel slaw (V,GF)
- Homemade summer pickles (V, GF)
- Scone w/ Fresh Cultured Butter
- Thin Mints
- Sour Cherry Macs
- Sugar Cookies